Not available in other countries.
The Pearl Sessions is a two-disc, historic expansion of Joplin's final studio album, providing fascinating new insight into Janis' creative process through a range of rare and previously unreleased material.
$15.98add to cart in cart In Stock, ships within 1-2 business days
The Pearl Sessions brings together the original mono versions of the album’s 45s and the original LP tracks alongside a revelatory cavalcade of newly-discovered alternate versions, outtakes and vocal takes that provide the listener an unprecedented opportunity to be in the room with Janis, her producer, Paul Rothchild, and the members of the Full Tilt Boogie Band as they create one of the enduring masterpieces of rock 'n' roll.
Newly available bonus material on The Pearl Sessions includes the original master mono mixes of the album's singles ("Cry Baby," "Me and Bobby McGee," "Half Moon," "Get It While You Can," "Move Over," "A Woman Left Lonely") and a full-length second disc showcasing Joplin live in the studio performing never-before-heard takes of Pearl classics.
A live version of "Tell Me Mama" (a song not included on the original Pearl), recorded during the legendary Toronto Festival Express date, is included as a bonus track on The Pearl Sessions. Also included as a bonus is Janis' scorching live version of "Half Moon," recorded for her appearance on "The Dick Cavett Show" on August 3, 1970.
Janis Joplin - The Pearl Sessions
The Pearl Album – produced by Paul Rothchild
1. Move Over
2. Cry Baby
3. A Woman Left Lonely
4. Half Moon
5. Buried Alive In The Blues
6. My Baby
7. Me and Bobby McGee
8. Mercedes Benz
9. Trust Me
10. Get It While You Can
Bonus Tracks - the Mono Single Masters – produced by Paul Rothchild
11. Me and Bobby McGee
12. Half Moon
13. Cry Baby
14. Get It While You Can
15. Move Over
16. A Woman Left Lonely
The Pearl Sessions & more...
1. Overheard in the Studio...
2. Get It While You Can (take 3) - previously unissued
3. Overheard in the Studio...
4. Get It While You Can (take 5) - previously unissued
5. Overheard in the Studio...
6. Move Over (take 6) - previously unissued
7. Move Over (take 13) - previously unissued
8. Move Over (take 17) - previously unissued
9. Me and Bobby McGee (demo version)
10. Me and Bobby McGee (take 5 - alternate) - previously unissued
11. Cry Baby (alternate version)
12. A Woman Left Lonely (alternate vocal)
13. Overheard in the Studio...
14. My Baby (alternate take) - previously unissued
15. Overheard in the Studio...
16. Get It While You Can (take 3) - previously unissued
17. My Baby (alternate take)
18. Pearl (instrumental) - Full Tilt Boogie Band
19. Tell Mama (Live) - June 28, 1970 - Toronto
20. Half Moon (Live) - August 3, 1970 - from "The Dick Cavett Show"
Please only use the letters A-Z and note that names will be included at the sole discretion of Sony Music.