Bob Dylan's first eight groundbreaking albums are returning to the marketplace for the first time ever in a limited edition box set of newly mastered mono versions on fully analogue 180-gram vinyl.
The Original Mono Recordings are comprised of these albums painstakingly reproduced from their first generation monaural mixes as the artist intended them to be heard: One channel of powerful sound, both direct and immediate. While stereo recordings had been available as early as the mid-1950s, mono was still the predominant _ and often preferred _ mode of recording and mixing by the top artists of the 1960s.
As a result, artists like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan devoted their attention to the mono mixes, leaving the stereo mixing process to studio engineers.
The Original Mono Recordings are accompanied by a deluxe booklet, featuring vintage photographs of Bob Dylan and an expansive essay from renowned author and critic _ and longtime Dylan aficionado _ Greil Marcus. Each disc in the set comes in its own individual jacket which faithfully replicates the original album artwork, complete with labels and stickers that were found on the original 1960s releases.
The eight albums in The Original Mono Recordings are as follows:
- Bob Dylan _ 1962
- The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan _ 1963
- The Times They Are A-Changin' _ 1964
- Another Side Of Bob Dylan _ 1964
- Bringing It All Back Home _ 1965
- Highway 61 Revisited _ 1965
- Blonde on Blonde (2 LP) _ 1966
- John Wesley Harding _ 1967
The Original Mono Recordings Box Set features:
- Limited Edition VINYL Box Set
- 8 Original Bob Dylan albums in glorious MONO
- Newly Mastered 180-gram Vinyl
- LP Jacket's replicating Original Artwork
- Deluxe Booklet