The Bruce Springsteen Book & LP bundle is a pre-order and will ship on or before street date, September 30th, 2016.
*To keep your shipping costs as low as possible all items in an order ship together. So if combine this pre-order with others items your entire order will ship just before the release date of the pre-order item.
Embark on a journey down the Jersey Shore and learn the origins of the Boss with this exclusive popmarket bundle, featuring the brand new hardcover autobiography Born To Run PLUS companion 2LP record Chapter & Verse - featuring a career spanning collection of hits, b-sides, unreleased tracks, demos & more! A must have for any Springsteen fan, all yours for one low price!
Born To Run - Hardcover
I come from a boardwalk town where almost everything is tinged with a bit of fraud. So am I. By twenty, no race-car-driving rebel, I was a guitar player on the streets of Asbury Park and already a member in good standing amongst those who “lie” in service of the truth . . . artists, with a small “a.” But I held four clean aces. I had youth, almost a decade of hard-core bar band experience, a good group of homegrown musicians who were attuned to my performance style and a story to tell.
This book is both a continuation of that story and a search into its origins. I’ve taken as my parameters the events in my life I believe shaped that story and my performance work. One of the questions I’m asked over and over again by fans on the street is “How do you do it?” In the following pages I will try to shed a little light on how and, more important, why.
Chapter & Verse - Vinyl 2LP
‘Chapter and Verse,’ the audio companion to Bruce Springsteen’s extraordinary forthcoming autobiography, will be released on Columbia Records. The career-spanning compilation will be released four days before Simon & Schuster publishes ‘Born to Run.’ Five of the album’s 18 tracks have not been previously released.
Springsteen selected the songs on ‘Chapter and Verse’ to reflect the themes and sections of ‘Born to Run.’ The compilation begins with two tracks from The Castiles, featuring a teenaged Springsteen on guitar and vocals, and ends with the title track from 2012’s ‘Wrecking Ball.’ The collected songs trace Springsteen’s musical history from its earliest days, telling a story that parallels the one in the book.
Recordings from Steel Mill and The Bruce Springsteen Band feature musicians who would go on to play in The E Street Band. Solo demos of “Henry Boy” and “Growin’ Up” were cut in 1972 shortly before Springsteen began recording his debut album, ‘Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.’
LP Track Listing:
1. Baby I — The Castiles (recorded May 2, 1966, at Mr. Music, Bricktown, NJ; written by Bruce Springsteen and George Theiss; previously unreleased)
2. You Can’t Judge a Book by the Cover — The Castiles (recorded Sept. 16, 1967, at The Left Foot, Freehold, NJ; written by Willie Dixon; previously unreleased)
3. He’s Guilty (The Judge Song) — Steel Mill (recorded Feb. 22, 1970, at Pacific Recording Studio, San Mateo, CA; previously unreleased)
4. Ballad of Jesse James — The Bruce Springsteen Band (recorded March 14, 1972, at Challenger Eastern Surfboards, Highland, NJ; previously unreleased)
5. Henry Boy (recorded June 1972, at Mediasound Studios, New York, NY; previously unreleased)
6. Growin’ Up (recorded May 3, 1972, at Columbia Records Recordings Studios, New York, NY; previously appeared on ‘Tracks’)
7. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) (1973, ‘The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle’)
8. Born to Run (1975, ‘Born to Run’)
9. Badlands (1977, ‘Darkness on the Edge of Town’)
10. The River (1980, ‘The River’)
1. My Father’s House (1982, ‘Nebraska’)
2. Born in the U.S.A. (1984, ‘Born in the U.S.A.’)
3. Brilliant Disguise (1987, ‘Tunnel of Love’)
4. Living Proof (1992, ‘Lucky Town’)
5. The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995, ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’)
6. The Rising (2002, ‘The Rising’)
7. Long Time Comin’ (2005, ‘Devils & Dust’)
8. Wrecking Ball (2012, ‘Wrecking Ball’)