Everything's Beautiful brings Miles Davis' sound into the 21st century, blending a diverse group of master takes and outtakes from across Miles' incredible tenure with Columbia Records (1955-1985) with original reinterpretations. Robert Glasper produced the collaboration. "I didn't want to do just a remix record," Glasper noted when discussing the 11-song set. "My idea was to show how Miles inspired people to make new art."
Knowing that "Miles didn't have one audience," Glasper recruited a legion of diverse guest artists to add to the magic of the project including familiar collaborators like R&B musicians Erykah Badu, Ledisi, Bilal and KING. They are joined by British soul singer-songwriter Laura Mvula; hip-hop producer Rashad Smith; Grammy-nominated Australian neo-soul quartet Hiatus Kaiyote, rapper/producer Illa J; jazz guitarist John Scofield, who collaborated with Davis; and the legendary Stevie Wonder.
LP Track Listings:
1. "Talking Shit"
2. "Ghetto Walkin" featuring Bilal
3. "They Can't Hold Me Down" featuring Illa J
4. "Maiysha (So Long)" featuring Erykah Badu
5. "Violets" featuring Phonte
6. "Little Church" featuring Hiatus Kaiyote
7. "Silence Is The Way" featuring Laura Mvula
8. "Song For Selim" featuring KING
9. "Milestones" featuring Georgia Ann Muldrow
10. "I'm Leaving You" featuring John Scofield, Ledisi
11. "Right On Brotha" featuring Stevie Wonder