The D4+ System is a cleaning system unlike other products, which reduce record dynamics and fidelity. The more active, yet safe, D4+ fluid is actually able to lift and suspend contaminants in solution on the record surface so the D4 pad can easily and efficiently remove debris. Containing less residue than tap water, D4+ fluid will clean without depositing new residues on the record surface; it will not encourage any biological growth as do ''constantly damp'' cleaning methods.
- Dimensions: 7.75''w x 2.50''h x 9.75''d (20cm x 6.5cm x 25cm)
For longer life, Discwasher recommends that records be lightly cleaned each time before playing. New records should also be cleaned before their first play. Although presumed clean, many new recordings still have mold release compounds in their grooves, thus requiring cleaning.
The handle of the Discwasher D4+ Record Care System has been hand crafted and finished from solid American walnut, creating elegance for an already superior cleaner.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ROUTINE PRE-PLAY CLEANING
- Apply 3-6 drops of the D4+ fluid in a line on the leading edge of the pad (the arrow on the end of the handle points to the leading edge). Distribute the fluid along the leading edge of the pad using several deliberate strokes with the bottom of the D4 bottle, causing the pad to form a strip of damp fabric.
- Position the disc washer handle/pad with the arrow end on the outside edge of the record. Gently contact the record with the damp leading edge of the pad. The turntable motor may be assisted by gently turning the record with you finger on the label.
- Allow the damp leading edge to contact the record for about three revolutions. Dry the record with a simple rolling movement of the handle, allowing for the middle and back edge to contact the album for several revolutions, assuring thorough drying.
- Clean the pad using the DC-1 Pad cleaner. Lightly brush the damp pad in the direction of the arrow on the Discwasher handle. A dry Discwasher pad may be lightly brushed lengthwise.
DO NOT USE THE D4 KIT AS A STYLUS CLEANER.
The D4+ Solution cleans and protects without deposit residue or extracting crucial vinyl stabilizers. Regular use of the D4+ Vinyl Cleaning System can help keep your records sounding their very best for many years of enjoyment.