A music legend beyond compare, who almost single-handedly laid the groundwork for soul music, Ray Charles proved his mastery with countless jazz, country, R&B, and pop masterpieces, during a career that spanned seven decades. His musical genius is celebrated in this box set, featuring the studio albums he recorded for Atlantic as a bandleader between 1952 and 59, available for the first time since the 1960s in mono. As music writer David Ritz said –These are the historic years of his creative explosion, the time when he reinvented himself as a musical revolutionary. These records will live forever."
- Packaged in an elegant cloth-bound box.
- Fully remastered in glorious mono.
- Original studio albums replicating the original artwork and labels, in 180g vinyl.
- A 12" x 12", 29-page, perfect-bound booklet, with period photos by Lee Friedlander and liner notes.
- Liner notes by Grammy-winning writer David Ritz.
DISC 1: THE GREAT RAY CHARLES
DISC 2: RAY CHARLES
DISC 3: YES INDEED!
DISC 4: THE GENIUS OF RAY CHARLES
DISC 5: WHAT'D I SAY
DISC 6: THE GENIUS AFTER HOURS
DISC 7: THE GENIUS SINGS THE BLUES