"If you asked me to name the funniest comedian of all time - was it Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Harpo Marx? I'd immediately say Richard Pryor.... I loved him, he was amazing." - Mel Brooks
With seven CDs and two DVDs that deliver over 12 hours of prime Pryor hilarity - both familiar and rare - spanning from 1966 to 1992, this essential collection features the best recordings from his early years as a still-developing stand-up, his '70s-early '80s glory years as a profane- but-profound comic icon, and one of his final onstage performances in 1992. The deluxe 60-page book contains rare photos, multiple essays, exclusive celebrity tributes, a discography, a filmography, and a personal note penned by Richard's widow, Jennifer Lee Pryor. This is the most comprehensive collection ever devoted to the greatest comedian who ever lived.
- 7CDs and 2 DVDs with over 12 hours of hilarious Richard Pryor stand-up
- 3 complete concert films and the best bits from Pryor's classic albums
- 60-page book with essays, rare photos and celebrity tributes
- CDs include nearly 2 hours of previously unreleased performances!
DVDs include three complete concert films:
- Richard Pryor - Live in Concert (1979)
- Richard Pryor Live on The Sunset Strip (1982)
- Richard Pryor... Here and Now (1983)
CDs collect the best material from Pryor's classic albums for the Laff, Stax and Warner Bros. labels, including:
- Richard Pryor (1968)
- 'Craps' (After Hours) (1971)
- That Nigger's Crazy (1974)
- ...Is It Something I Said? (1975)
- Bicentennial Nigger (1976)
- Wanted/Richard Pryor _ Live In Concert (1978)
- Live On The Sunset Strip (1982)
- Here And Now (1983)
As well as tracks released only on the following compilations
...And It's Deep Too! The Complete Warner Bros. Recordings (1968-1992)
Evolution/Revolution: The Early Years (1966-1974) (2005)
Plus, nearly two hours of previously unreleased stand-up performances and rare recordings from the Pryor archives!