The electricity and power of the Rolling Stones onstage is a concert event like no other. From The Vault proves why a Rolling Stones concert is the ultimate live experience.
- "The Marquee - Live In 1971" is the latest addition to –The Rolling Stones From The Vault" series - released for the first time on LP & DVD!
- Live concert film and audio from the Rolling Stones archive, now receiving their first official release
- Sought-after club performance from 1971 released for the first time on LP & DVD
- The footage from these concerts have been carefully restored, and the sound has been newly mixed by Bob Clearmountain
- Featuring Rolling Stones classics –Dead Flowers," –Midnight Rambler," –(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," –Bitch," –Brown Sugar" and more
- DVD features alternate takes + Top Of The Pops Performance of –Brown Sugar" from 1971
- A classic, must-own performance
A sought-after, rare club performance from The Rolling Stones in 1971 filmed at London's iconic Marquee Club will finally see the light of day, after almost two decades of being stored away in an attic. The Rolling Stones From The Vault: The Marquee - Live in 1971
This remarkable performance was filmed for US television in 1971, shortly after The Rolling Stones had completed their 1971 Farewell Tour of the UK, and a month before the release of the album Sticky Fingers. The gig marked the first time tracks 'Brown Sugar', 'Dead Flowers', 'Bitch' and the rarely performed 'I Got The Blues' were showcased live; four tracks taken from the Sticky Fingers album. The line-up at this time was Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman.
The show was an intimate, rare club appearance and very little footage has been released, until now. Part of the –From The Vault" series of live concerts from the band's archive, The Rolling Stones From The Vault: The Marquee _ Live In 1971 is a must own LP/DVD for any Stones fan, featuring carefully restored footage and sound mixed to perfection by Bob Clearmountain, including 5.1 surround sound on the DVD.
The release of The Rolling Stones From The Vault: The Marquee - Live In 1971 coincides with the special edition of album Sticky Fingers, and includes alternative takes of 'I Got The Blues' and 'Bitch', plus a Top of the Pops performance of 'Brown Sugar' from 1971.
DVD and a single LP (main tracklisting only)
1. Live With Me
2. Dead Flowers
3. I Got The Blues
4. Let It Rock
5. Midnight Rambler
6. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
8. Brown Sugar
DVD Bonus Features
1. I Got The Blues - Take 1
2. I Got The Blues - Take 2
3. Bitch - Take 1
4. Bitch - Take 2
Top Of The Pops Performance of "Brown Sugar" from 1971