"The Crossroads Festival is the realization of a dream for me, to gather a group of amazingly talented musicians to perform on one stage...The Crossroads performers are all musicians I admire and respect." - Eric Clapton
Limited Edition 4 LP set featuring audio highlights from the fourth incarnation of Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival recorded live at Madison Square Garden in New York City on April 12-13, 2013
« Limited Edition 4 LP Set _ the ultimate guitar-concert event!
« Released for first time ever on vinyl!
« More than 80 minutes of live music
« Features performances by Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, The Allman Brothers Band, John Mayer and many more!
« 4-pocket LP jacket
On April 12-13, 2013 in New York City, Eric Clapton once again assembled an unparalleled lineup of the world's most celebrated guitarists for the fourth incarnation of his legendary Crossroads Guitar Festival. Held every three years since 2004, the Crossroads Guitar Festival has quickly become the ultimate guitar-concert event, where the world's greatest players perform together to raise funds for the Crossroads Centre in Antigua. Clapton founded this treatment and education facility in 1998 to help people suffering from chemical dependency.
The 2013 festival featured two different nights of music with performances by Clapton, the Allman Brothers Band, Blake Mills, Buddy Guy, Derek Trucks, Doyle Bramhall II, Gary Clark Jr., Jeff Beck, John Mayer, Keith Richards, Keith Urban, Los Lobos, Robert Cray, Sonny Landreth, Steve Cropper, Vince Gill, Warren Haynes and more.
In addition to rousing performances of blues classics and renowned hit songs, many of the most memorable performances saw artists coming together for some stirring collaborations. Among the highlights were the surprise pairing of John Mayer and Keith Urban for the Beatles' "Don't Let Me Down," Vince Gill and Clapton taking on "Lay Down Sally," Keb Mo and Taj Mahal covering the Sleepy John Estes' song, "Diving Duck Blues," Gill performing "Tumbling Dice" with Urban and Albert Lee and members of the Allman Brothers - Gregg Allman, Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks - joined forces for a haunting acoustic cover of Neil Young's "The Needle and the Damage Done."
As you would expect, Clapton features prominently throughout the show, including with his own band for "Tears In Heaven." The legendary guitarist also tore through the Derek and the Dominos' classic "Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad" with the Allman Brothers Band, revisiting the time in 2009 when he joined the band during their annual residency at the Beacon Theater in New York.
LP Track Listings:
LP 1 - Side 1
1. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton
2. Lay Down Sally - Eric Clapton with Vince Gill
3. Green Onions - Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb' Mo', Blake Mills, Matt –Guitar" Murphy & Albert Lee
LP 1 - Side 2
1. Heavenly Bodies - Kurt Rosenwinkel
2. This Time - Earl Klugh
3. Mirabella - Earl Klugh
4. Great Big Old House - The Robert Cray Band
5. She's Alright - Doyle Bramhall II with Gary Clark Jr.
LP 2 - Side 1
1. Bullet and A Target - Doyle Bramhall II with Citizen Cope
2. Queen of California - John Mayer
3. Don't Let Me Down _ John Mayer with Keith Urban
LP 2 - Side 2
1. Next Door Neighbor Blues - Gary Clark Jr.
2. Damn Right, I've Got the Blues - Buddy Guy with Robert Randolph & Quinn Sullivan
3. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad - The Allman Brothers Band with Eric Clapton
LP 3 - Side 1
1. Congo Square - Sonny Landreth with Derek Trucks
2. Change It - John Mayer with Doyle Bramhall II
3. Ooh-Ooh-Ooh - Jimmie Vaughan
4. Save The Last Dance For Me - Blake Mills with Derek Trucks
LP 3 - Side 2
1. Don't Worry Baby - Los Lobos
2. I Ain't Living Long Like This - Vince Gill with Albert Lee
3. Diving Duck Blues - Taj Mahal with Keb' Mo'
LP 4 _ Side 1
1. When My Train Pulls In - Gary Clark Jr.
2. Mna Na Heireann - Jeff Beck
3. The Needle and The Damage Done - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
4. Midnight Rider - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
LP 4 - Side 2
1. Key To the Highway _ Eric Clapton with Keith Richards
2. Gin House Blues - Andy Fairweather Low with Eric Clapton
3. Got To Get Better In A Little While - Eric Clapton
4. Sunshine Of Your Love - Eric Clapton