Sting's first rock/pop project in over a decade.
57th & 9th represents a wide range of Sting’s musical and songwriting styles, from the ferocious, Road Warrior-style imagery of “Petrol Head,” to the anthemic, “50,000” and the raucous, guitar-driven first single, “I Can’t Stop Thinking About You.” The album was recorded with Sting’s long-time collaborators Dominic Miller (guitar) and Vinnie Colaiuta (drums) and includes contributions from drummer Josh Freese (Nine Inch Nails, Guns n’ Roses), guitarist Lyle Workman and the San Antonio-based Tex-Mex band The Last Bandoleros. Riding a wave of inspiration, 57th & 9th came together impulsively, with sessions completed in just a few weeks.
2. Fifty Thousand 4:17
3. Down, Down, Down 3:48
4. One Fine Day 3:14
5. Pretty Young Soldier 3:06
6. Petrol Head 3:32
7. Heading South On The Great North Road 3:18
8. If You Can't Love Me 4:34
9. Inshallah 4:56
10. The Empty Chair 2:49
11. I Can't Stop Thinking About You (LA Version) 3:38
12. Inshallah (Berlin Sessions Version) 4:58
13. Next To You with The Last Bandoleros (Live at Rockwood Music Hall)